9.24.2010

Welcome to Shizuoka - 静岡県へようこそ

Writing a first post on a blog can be slightly daunting - what do you really say? Do you post a "normal" post, and simply announce, "this is the first post!" Or do you write a long, drawn-out history of the blog and idea behind it, even though you've just started and so much of it will develop over time?

In any case, I'd like to at least introduce this blog. Though there are hundreds and thousands of travel blogs and sites out there, I didn't create this to compete with others. I simply wanted to create a space to upload pictures, reviews and helpful tips for travelers and residents in Shizuoka prefecture, Japan. Of course, other folks also post blog entries about some of these things, but I wanted to specifically focus on the Shizuoka area, considering that I've lived here for over two years now. And, so that I can post other, different material than the norm over on "Surviving in Japan."


I am not affiliated with any travel or tourist organization, nor am I paid to write or post anything you see here. If this ever changes, I will certainly let you know. These are my personal opinions and experiences, and though that is obviously subjective - I will try to offer as objective a view as possible.

I hope you find what you see here interesting, helpful, and perhaps even amusing at times. Feel free to comment, ask questions, and offer your thoughts and opinions. And, make yourselves at home!

Kawazu, Shizuoka, Japan

Waterfall at Nanadaru (Seven Waterfalls), Kawazu, Shizuoka, Japan

Sakura (cherry blossoms) - Shimada, Shizuoka, Japan

0 comments: